Local heating network | Memmingen
Energy-efficient and environmentally friendly
The local heating network has a sustainable model for central energy generation. It ensures maximum efficiency and flexibility for taking into account future innovations.
In the process of local heating generation, environmentally friendly heat is centrally sourced from local biomass at the heating plant in Memmingen.
The local heating network saves 1 million litres of heating oil annually. That corresponds to a reduction in emissions of 2 million kilogrammes of CO2 per year.
The heat is transported by means of hot water through an insulated, underground pipe system up to the transfer station at the user’s location.
Heating plant and local heating network
- Power from woodchip boiler: 3500 kilowatts
- Power from combined heat and power plant: 20 kW electric and 40 kW thermal
- Peak-load boiler: 13,000 kilowatts
- Buffer tank: 100,000 litres
- Heat generation/year: 9500 MWh
- Wood chip storage capacity: 7500 loose cubic metres
- Length of pipeline network: 3.2 km
- Capacity of water network: 200,000 litres
Additional information about this project Local heating network in Memmingen